Share

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Credit: Geekery

If you haven't seen Kingsman: The Secret Service (first film), go watch it immediately. There are a few things that you'll understand better if you watch the first film and it's also an awesome movie. I've heard some people say they didn't like this film as much as the first one because it felt like it went into Austin Powers territory. My thoughts are: why would that be a bad thing and the first film is also made that way. Austin Powers made a lot of money, changed up the spy genre and many people watched these films.

Credit: Movie Web
Kingsman 2 has changed some things up, but it has all of the same elements of the first film. It's funny, the action sequences are insane and over-the-top and *spoiler alert* Colin Firth eventually knows what he's doing again. This film brings some new players to the group and there are character flaws (what film doesn't have that, honestly?), but it carries itself well and I can't wait for the third film.

Credit: Entertainment Weekly
I don't like how useless and unnecessary the big villain is. Sorry, Poppy. No one was going to give in to her plans. It also felt like all female characters were in the background and come second to all men, but I never lost interest. I still rooted for Eggsy and Merlin and am now able to root for Ginger Ale. I also found Elton John hilarious and was a bit shocked he didn't just do a cameo. Go see it and judge for yourself, but I already know I'm going to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment